How to develop 15 qualities to succeed in life?
Everyone has a different definition of “success“. For some people, the definition of success is how rich and famous a person is. He believes that a successful person must have done incredible work and has an affluent lifestyle.
If we search the list of successful people on Google, we get a list of 100 to 1000 successful people.
Does it prove that only a few of the people on this earth are successful and all others are unsuccessful?
A successful person is the one who:
- Follows the path that is appropriate for both him and society.
- Always remains calm, and his life is full of contentment.
- He remains emotionally healthy and mentally active.
- Takes responsibility for the failures in life and learns from failures, never blames others for failures.
- Tries again and again, to follow his dreams without becoming restless and regrets.
- Learns new things continually and aspires to gain more and more knowledge throughout life.
- Understands that change is continuous and inevitable & always welcomes changes.
- Has a positive outlook and focuses on his work rather than removing the shortcomings of people or wasting time by criticizing them.
If the above is the definition of being successful, then we will find many people around us, who are not wealthy, who are not popular and who do not have distinguished careers but are successful.
It can be a shopkeeper who greets everyone with a smile. He is busy doing his work with satisfaction. He rejoices in the success of others and never blames others for his faults. That person can be termed as a successful person.
Father, who is happy doing his work for the happiness and comforts of his family. He tries his best to meet the needs of the family. If he has the qualities of a successful person, then he should be considered as a successful person even if he does not have a great career.
Can we consider a homemaker to be a successful person? She works hard for other family members for the entire day and is happy for their success. She works hard to make her children a successful citizen and does not expect any praise for her services. A homemaker is mentally healthy and emotionally secure.
If we consider these people as a successful person, then it may not be necessary for them to be wealthy. It is also not essential to be a famous person or do some incredible work.
We can undoubtedly consider such people as successful in their lives.
Let’s analyze those traits which make a person successful.
1. Responsibility towards success and failure:
A person who blames others and the situations for his failure has low self-esteem and self-worth. He does not dare to take responsibility for his failure.
The person who takes responsibility for his failure is the one who has high self-esteem and self-worth and therefore, he is considered to be successful. He/she never blame others for his/her failures and take responsibility for the same.
A successful person has high self-esteem and self-worth:
2. Continuous efforts:
The people who can be called successful have a trait of continuous effort and hard work. They do not quit any task in between rather keep trying it.
A successful person works hard and tries again and again until he finds the aiming point.
3. Reaction to others’ Success:
A person who remains satisfied with himself; does not depend on anyone else to be happy. And so when others get success in their respective field, a successful person does not feel jealous of them; instead, he feels happy for them.
A successful person is contented and feels self-satisfied:
4. Praising Others:
Such people have a feeling of gratitude because they understand the importance of noble deeds, and so they never miss out thanking and praising others who are either directly or indirectly connected to them.
A successful person has gratitude for people:
This shows that a successful person has high self-esteem, self- worth, humility, courage, contentment, diligence, and a sense of gratitude. To make our life successful, we need to develop these qualities within us.
Let us now learn how to develop these 15 qualities to succeed in life.
1. We do many things in our life in everyday life which are not right, but we find them reasonable. If we leave them, we will be surprised that success was waiting for us long ago. But due to ignorance, we have wasted a lot of our time. Such everyday habits like spending time on mobile phones and surfing the internet, eating wrong meals, not doing any physical exercise, not making a schedule of our routine etc. take us away from our success.
2. Many times we start doing some tasks but leave them before we reach the target point or fail to make them our habit. Our efforts done in this way goes in vain. Therefore, try that whenever you start doing a good job, take it to a target point, do not leave it until it becomes a habit.
3. Keep in mind that time is always missed; what has passed never comes back. So if you are aware of your moments and time, then you will also understand their importance. Meditation is the right solution for this, as it helps us realize the value of present moments.
4. Life provides an opportunity every day that can change your destiny. Do not let such opportunities go, identify them and take advantage of them.
5. Any work gives meaning to our life. It is a gift that we can give to ourselves. It is through work that personal respect increases and own respect promotes enthusiasm and makes life interesting. Therefore, do any job of your choice.
6. Just thinking about work does not work, but it has to be done. So when you start doing one thing, work very hard in it. This hard work will make you unique than average. And then you will feel proud of yourself.
7. Reading books of great people in the morning provide energy and inspiration for the whole day. Therefore, read such a book in the morning hours. This will make life optimistic, and you will be able to find goodness in any situation.
8. Respecting people and maintaining their importance is the foundation of a good healthy relationship. Thus a successful person is also successful in building a healthy relationship.
9. You need the courage to be true to yourself. Being true to oneself means that the person says what he thinks and behaves in the same way. Your respect for yourself will only increase when you are right to yourself.
10. Celebrate your life as a celebration. Include some activities that make you feel good. This will keep the flow of happiness and energy in your mind.
11. Most of us say ‘yes’ to things which are not suitable for us and cannot say ‘no’ to those things which are meaningless to us. If we say ‘yes’ to less essential and insignificant things, then our time and energy are wasted. Therefore, think carefully before saying ‘yes’ and ‘no’.
12. Opportunities keep coming in life, and it is as if there is food on the table, and you have to get up and take food for yourself. If you want to eat, then get up and go, because no one else will bring it for you. In the same way, you can avail yourself of the opportunities coming in your life. No one else can help you with that.
13. If you want a rose flower, then you cannot avoid its thorns. Similarly, if you wish for achievement, then you have to forget its negative things because there is no such thing in which you get everything you want. Some work will ask for more physical work; some work will be tedious. But you should not leave them in the middle. Because when you finally get your target, then you will experience happiness. If you leave a task in the middle, you will never get success.
14. One would realize that great people do not have a bad habit of criticizing. It is because they are so busy with creative work that they do not get time for such negative things. So people who criticize are lazy. So always keep yourself active. Laziness does not bring any success, so stay away from it.
15. Efforts can solve any problem. Unsuccessful people try to hide their shortcomings by blaming others; in such a situation, their self-esteem falls. So do not blame others at all to maintain your self-respect.