Habit formation starts in children from childhood. If the parents follow healthy habits, it will more likely become a habit for the children. Parents are role models in making children physically active.
Spain was ranked the world’s healthiest country and will soon boast the longest life expectancy on the planet. What exactly is the Spanish secret of success in being the healthiest country across the globe?
Here are some reasons:
Quality food – They eat healthy and fresh food
An active, sun-soaked, low-stress, and comfortable lifestyle
Waking up in the morning is the factor of sunshine and blue skies. They spend too much time outside and are more active as a result. They walk a lot more than home.
Good weather adds better health.
High-quality healthcare system- ‘Spanish healthcare is excellent’
Pollution has been reduced:
They follow the Mediterranean diet
Spaniards are also famous for their version of the Mediterranean diet, which emphasizes olive oil, nuts, fish and legumes. — and less red meat, processed meats, and baked goods.
A study found that people who ate a Mediterranean diet had a significantly lower risk of a major cardiovascular event, such as heart attack or stroke than those eating a low-fat diet. Find out more foods to include in your diet to help you live longer.
they are hungry for vegetables
Less canned foods, the Spanish are increasing their vegetable intake.
Not everyone had such a rosy view of Spain, as some complained about late dinner times, fried food, air and noise pollution, and lack of air conditioning and Wine is cheap.
What can we learn from Spanish to inculcate healthy habits in children?
We can learn many things from Spanish to inculcate healthy habits in children. parents need to follow certain parenting tips:
- Make physical activity part of daily routines. Parents need to be active and spend at least an hour in physical activity.
Most related post Parentingtips: How To Teach Children Healthy Habits Parentingtips: Aware Your Teens On Drugs Addiction Role Of Parents In Building Self-Esteem In Children Children Follow Their Parents: Parenting Tips For Becoming Role Models For Children Parenting Tips Why Should You Prepare Your Children To Face The Failures In Life Parenting Tips On How To Inspire “Patriotism” In Children.
- Simple running, jogging, and exercise can be boring and monotonous for children. Find some fun activities that they like to do. For example, swimming, sports of their choice, ride bikes, dribbling a ball, etc.
- Good parenting involves children in family activities. For example, walk with your children to the market, wash the car, etc.
- Planting and weeding in the garden, cleaning the paintings and decorative pieces in the home, resetting wardrobes.
- Plan some sports activities with their friends. Arrange activities like a bike ride, jump rope, dance, skating, etc.
- Plan some group activities like playing indoor games or dance with the neighborhood and relatives.
- Take your children to water parks and sports clubs to try different games.
- Encourage children to play in the school and participate in other activities.
- Limit television and computer time and do not let your children use them in their bedrooms.
- Sometimes due to bad weather, a busy schedule, being tired, and health issues, you cannot encourage or plan physical activities. At such time, have some other options to stay active. For example, purchase some sports equipment at home, joining sports clubs where children can go on their own, etc.
The bottom line is that in order to develop healthy habits in children, parents must remember and follow certain practices in their lifestyle
Factors that help people get healthy include:
- Diet: Eating a balanced, nutritious diet from as many natural sources as possible
- Active lifestyle: engaging in at least 150 minutes of moderate to high-intensity exercise each week.
- Stress-free lifestyle: learn to manage stress effectively, maintain a positive attitude towards life
- A good sleep of 7 to 8 hours a day
- Regular Health Check-up:
- Engaging in activities that serve a purpose
- Connecting with and caring for other people
- Defining and implementing a value system